14 October 2012

Challenge Day #23: Inspired by a MOVIE

Howdy y'all! I'm back! Got in yesterday and of course, the first thing I had to do was change my nails. For my trip I wore a really cool polish that I did take pics of and will show you sometime. But for now, I'm going to show you the movie-inspired manicure for day 23:

Wizard of Oz, of course!

This was so fun to do! I have a good friend at work who loves the Wizard of Oz, and loves nail polish and reads my blog! She also happens to be like the sweetest person ever, so these are for you, miss Rachel :D

I used quite a few polishes for this, so I'll just go down the list:

Thumb = Dorothy's blue gingham dress: Base colour is Ulta Snow White, and the blue stripes were painted with Revlon Colorstay #170 Coastal Surf. I also dotted in a bit of Soulstice Spa Monterey at the 'junctions' to make it look more like gingham, darker where the lines meet.

Index finger = the ruby slippers: Two coats of China Glaze Ruby Pumps (what else?) over one coat of China Glaze Adventure Red-y. I have decided it's the perfect layering combo, look at that rich red colour and the sparkle! Love.

Middle finger = the Wicked Witch's feet sticking out from under the house!: Started with Ulta Snow White, then applied some thin stripes of tape to block off the white and added Wet N' Wild Black Creme. I then peeled off the tape, let it dry, and painted on the little french-tip for the shoes in the same colours as the index finger. Finally I added a few little red rhinestones for the bow.

Ring finger = the Yellow Brick Road: I used two Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes for this: base of Mellow Yellow, and then used a sponge to dab on a bit of Sun Kissed (a medium creamy orange), but just a little for dimension. I then added a coat of Essie As Gold As It Gets, because, sparkles. Last, I used my black Stripe Rite striper polish to paint in the brick pattern.

Little finger = the Emerald City: This one was easy. The base is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in the colour Emerald City! I really wanted to leave it as is, but the rest of the nails were sparkly, and ever since I got Zoya Ivanka I can't seem to wear Emerald City without it, so I added a thin coat of that on top.

Annnnddd of course sealed it all with Cult Nails Wicked Fast topcoat.

Shiny! Ruby Pumps is so delicious. I could just eat it. It's perfect. One of my favourite polishes of all time. Also, please ignore that ugly cut on my thumb. Couldn't crop it out like I did with the first pic D:


"A doorknob, really?" Yes, I liked this shot, get over it. The red looks so rich and shimmery here I had to post it.

That's all for now! Hope you all enjoyed this one. I had a lot of fun painting it (although my left hand came out a LOT better than the right... I didn't even take photos of it, the yellow brick road looks like it's been through an earthquake). Join me next time for my book-inspired nails, and until then, have a great weekend! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda that does nail art. My name is Amanda and I do nail art :) I figured it was a crazy random happen stance that deserved a comment. I love these. They're so adorable. Favorite is the witches foot, so perfect :) (It'd be cool if you checked out my blog too!)

    Love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! That means a lot :) I'm fairly new to the nail-blogging scene, so still trying to find my place and get in the loop! I will most definitely check out your blog. Thanks so much for stopping by, and btw, you have the coolest name ever ;)

      Delete
  2. And as I'm still trying to figure out this website here's my link (seeing as you for some reason can't get to my blog via my profile :) goofy internet
    http://nailsinthemoonlight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love the way these came out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! I got a comment from Sarah?? *fangirl squeal* :D

      Delete

Hi! Please share your thoughts below. I love seeing what others have to say, and I read every single comment! Relevant links (such as recreations or similar manis) are welcome; however, spam or advertising will be deleted.

Lots of glittery love to you! xoxo