05 November 2012

Challenge Day #29: Inspired by the SUPERNATURAL

Good day, people! Today's manicure is a bit of a stretch, to be honest. But it's because today's prompt is friggin weird, man. Inspired by the supernatural? Wat? I was like "um... supernatural... hmm. Ghosts? Ghost nails would be kind of boring... oh, unless they were video game ghosts. Boos from Mario? Oh wait. PAC-MAN GHOSTS! Fingernails are shaped just like those little punks!"

Maybe not exactly supernatural, but, Pac-Man rocks.

Those guys were pretty scary, actually. Coming at you all methodically and unrelenting. I started by painting all nails a different colour: the thumb is Wet N' Wild Black Creme, the index finger is Soulstice Spa Buenos Aires, the index finger is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun-Kissed, the ring finger is China Glaze Turned-Up Turquoise (I was horrified to find I do not own a proper cyan-coloured polish. This situation shall be rectified ASAP), and the little finger is Color Club She's Sooo Glam. I then used Orly Pointe Blanche and a dotting tool to make two white circles for their eyes, and two energy dots for Pac-Man on the thumb. Next, some smaller dots for their blue irises with Revlon #170 Coastal Surf. After that, I took my trusty detail brush to paint little black triangles along the free edge to give the ghosties their signature jaggedy look (this looked way nicer in person, the imperfections are huge in these photos) and Pac himself on the thumb--started with white first, then painted over it with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow. (I used the white first so the yellow would show well over the black.) Finally, a coat of Orly Sec 'N Dry topcoat.


Blinky, Clyde, Inky, and Pinky. Yep, they have names, didn't you know?

Kinda blurry, but they were all 'omnomnom we finally got him'. Game Over :(

I guess these were only loosely inspired by "the supernatural", but since that was the origin of the meandering thought-trail that led to this idea, it counts. Yeah. :D

I will be leaving for a week on Wednesday, and things are going to be a little hectic between now and then! I'll try to get up one more post before I go, though. See you next time! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please share your thoughts below. I love seeing what others have to say, and I read every single comment! Relevant links (such as recreations or similar manis) are welcome; however, spam or advertising will be deleted.

Lots of glittery love to you! xoxo